Studio Makeup Chick

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

SPEAKING OF "SORDID" STORIES...

My last post I touched on the more "sordid" side of being a Studio Makeup Artist & I wanted to share one of my many "out of the ordinary" experiences.


I had knocked on many closed "doors" trying to get hired as a brand new Makeup Artist in Hollywood & one day my "door" opened.  My first real makeup gig was for a well known late night Talk Show.  I was to be the only artist and do makeup for the host as well as all the guests.  This was a 2 week gig for "sweeps" (time that ratings count) and this New York based show would return to New York afterwards.  Well, I'm thrilled and go to the studio happy to be working!  I am not naming the show or celebrity to protect us both, but I will give hints...like above.
I meet the host and he is wonderful! On this particular day, I am to do makeup for a very well known actor.  I mean a big star!  I meet this wavy haired man and he sits in my makeup chair.  His manager is with him for most of his time in makeup & we chat.  I am finishing his makeup and his manager steps out.  As I remove his cape & tissue from his shirt collar (to protect clothes from powder & makeup), he thanks me and I think, "wow, he is so nice!" And he was nice, a bit, okay a lot nice.  So nice in fact that he showed me his appreciation by grabbing my face between his hands and giving me a deep French Kiss!! 
  I am in my twenties and raised in a small town, so this was a huge shock to me!  As a model I had faced perverts but I never expected an actor of this magnitude to behave this way!  He finishes his 'expression of appreciation' (I must have really been good at doing his makeup! Huh?) and just walks to set!  I am stunned...However not as stunned as when months later I am reading a book about the entertainment industry, a kind of "tell all" and I come across a story about this very actor!  Well, the author of this book tells of an experience of her own and it is much more information then I wanted to know!  It seems this woman who wrote this book was a former Call Girl.  I read on and find that this actor that kissed me deeply was very fond of women's "lips".  So fond in fact, that she described her experience with this celebrity in terms of recommending that he "invest in scuba gear because of his love of going down"!  
  That is all I am going to say & let you gather what you will from that quote.  Now that I know where this celebrities mouth has been, it gave this moment in my career much more meaning and "depth"!!  I was not sure whether to gargle with rubbing alcohol or call all my friends and tell them, or both!  I called my closest friends & told them.  We still laugh about it today!  What a "welcome" to the industry!
  This is just one of the many experiences in my career that 'Beauty  School' did not prepare me for!!  I'll share more of my experiences soon!  And remember, I am new to this 'blogging thing', so if you have any questions about makeup, my Shadow Shammy Couture or the industry,  please ask me!  I love to help women feel and look more beautiful & I am happy to share my secrets...beauty secrets too! ;)


Yours in Beauty, 
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment